Oh. My. Word. The kindness of fellow bloggers touches my heart. Amy, from the awesome blog, Modern Mama, nominated me for an award called the Liebster Award. Thank you, Amy, for this nomination. It made my day. And hey–everyone reading this should check out her blog, because she writes some cool stuff about motherhood and teaching–two things near and dear to my heart.
So, as a result of this nomination, it is my duty to inform you of eleven random facts about me 😳 so that you can get to know me even better than you already do. So, without further ado…
1. I am an ENFP on the Myers-Briggs.
2. I don’t really watch TV. I don’t know what you’re talking about when you ask me if I’ve seen a commercial with such and such person doing something funny. I don’t even know what a commercial looks like. And I definitely know nothing about modern television shows.
Which leads me to…
3. I bought this brand new TV over a month ago and I haven’t even taken it out of the box. Because it looks like it may be challenging to connect and I don’t watch it anyways, so whatever.
4. I dislike systems. It’s a problem I have and one of my worst traits. Like, I’ll implement some kind of system for organizational reasons, and then I suddenly remember how much I hate systems and want to tell them that they suck.
5. I have a fear of having to pee and not finding a nearby restroom. I have been known to drop my pants outside when I couldn’t find a bathroom soon enough.
6. I am not a morning person, but I’m still trying to be. Coffee is helping me in this endeavor.
7. I used to make the best mixed tapes known to man in the 80s and 90s.
8. I text in a series of one lined statements. So instead of receiving a paragraph of seven sentences in one text, the recipient receives seven different one line texts. When people tell me they don’t like it, I continue to do it because I still think it’s part of my charm.
9. I believe that food is medicine. I believe that what I put into my body makes a huge impact on both my physical and mental health.
10. My favorite colors are purple and green. Yellow is growing on me.
11. I want to be in nature as much as possible.
Now…as part of this nomination, I need to answer 11 questions posed to me by Amy of Modern Mama, who nominated me. Love you, Amy! Here are her questions, followed by my answers in bold:
1) Why do you blog?
I blog because it is a creative outlet for me. I enjoy it because it involves truth-telling and connecting with others.
2) What is your favorite book?
Right now, it’s “Big Magic” by Elizabeth Gilbert.
3) What is your favorite quote?
Oh man. This is really hard, because I’m quote obsessed.
This is what first comes to mind, “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive.”
4) What is at the top of your bucket list at the moment?
To travel to Alaska with my daughter.
5) What is the one food staple that is always in your kitchen no matter what?
Almond butter and eggs.
6) What is the most challenging thing for you about writing?
Making time in my day for it. This perhaps wouldn’t be such a problem if I didn’t have such a strong dislike for systems.
7) If you could have only 5 possessions what would they be?
Paper, pen, a meaningful photograph, a soft blanket, and dental floss, since I’m trying to get better about flossing. Oops, I forgot coffee.
8) If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
Portugal, because my ancestors are from there.
9) What are a few of your blog related goals?
- To blog more regularly
- To be able to articulate to someone what my blog is about when asked. This is hard for me, for some reason. People tell me I need to find my “niche,” but I don’t know if I want to find it, since it may trap me into a system. 🙄
10) What do you find the most rewarding about blogging?
When I write something that touches another person–either through laughter or through sadness–that feels very rewarding. Connecting with other people in our truth telling.
11) What makes you happy?
A hug from my daughter, healthy food, clean scents, soft blankets, sleep, sunshine, ocean, trees, mountains, and quality time spent with family and friends. ❤️
Thank you again, Amy, for the nomination!
Thanks, everyone, for reading about my eccentricities. 😝